It has been my thought since I picked up this handy little book that was sitting very prudently among a stack of never looked at picture books, old National Geographics, and samples of the Readers Digest that are seasonally piled in the corner of the fire hearth at the cabin. I had already started a feeble quest at being frugal in my own right and was intrigued by a voice from nearly 200 years in the past. As I started the twelfth edition of Mrs. Child's book, I was hooked. I kept thinking, "this is entirely applicable to the 21st century! Of course there are a few tweaks to our present condition, but the principles are exactly the same!" And so a tribute began in my head.
Now finally, I will begin piecing it down as the thoughts come from references to Mrs. Child, and to my own daily pearls of wisdom. The pearls are of my own making, though not original at all. Just as the oyster takes a piece of sand from the ocean to great something special inside of itself, so too have principles of economy and frugality become beautiful inside of me, albeit it is someone else's grain of sand.
(this is really my attempt to get a start at all the peices I will need to edit and later form a book. here goes nothing!)
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment